Blade of the Old Religion
From Diablo Wiki
Quest Two: Blade of the Old Religion
- Quest Name: Blade of the Old Religion
- Triggered by: Completing Quest One, or entering the Flayer Jungle
- Given by: Ormus
- Location: Side area off the Flayer Jungle
- Reward: Rare Ring from Ormus. Ring Ilvl: Normal 21, Nightmare 35, Hell 65. The ring's Ilvls are preset, it doesn't matter what your Clvl is when you do this quest or get the reward.
- Quest Priority: Optional quest, but the potentially great reward makes it worth doing.
Ormus tells you that there is an enchantment placed over the town of Kurast that is keeping the monsters out, but that it's weakening, and he needs an Ancient Skatsimi Blade to keep the town protected. You must find it for him. (Of course nothing happens if you don't, the town isn't overrun by Flayers or anything, it's just part of the game plot.)
In each of the very large surface jungle areas (Spider Forest, Great Marsh, Flayer Jungle) of Act Three, there are side pathways marked by two stone pillars. These side areas are where you'll find the entrances to dungeon areas, Waypoints, little villages or spider web areas, etc. In one of these in the Flayer Jungle, you'll find a little Flayer village, the stairs down to the Flayer Dungeon (needed in Quest Three) and the Gidbinn.
The Gidbinn is a small statue with some skulls and woven wooden branches. It shows up on your overhead map and highlights when you point at it. When you click it, it bursts into flames, and after a few seconds a boss Fetish of some kind, usually with a minion pack but sometimes just a lone Champion, appears. You must kill him and when he dies he'll drop the Gidbinn, which looks like an ornate dagger. Take it back to Ormus, and he will thank you, and if you click on him again he'll give you a magical ring with random properties, but with the maximum Ilvl of any prefixes on it set by the difficulty level of the game.
Tips: Clear out the area around the Gidbinn before you click it, so you'll have an easier fight. Keep an eye on the Fetish that appears, it can be a Ratman (only seen in Act One and quite weak compared to the Act Three monsters), Fetish, Flayer, or Soul Killer, but always a melee type, never a shaman or blow pipe. They run very quickly, and its possible to lose sight of him if he runs behind a hut or something and doesn't return.
- As I told you before, I placed an enchantment upon the dockside in order to keep the demons at bay. But lately, the enchantment seems to be weakening.
- If memory serves me correctly, there is a holy Skatsimi blade that could revitalize the enchantment. The blade is called the Gidbinn.
- Find it, and our sanctuary here will remain safe.
- Have you not heard of the Gidbinn? Well, allow me to reduce your ignorance on the subject.
- The Gidbinn is an enchanted dagger - a religious artifact greatly valued by the Old Religion, Skatsim.
- The Gidbinn will reinforce the enchantments that protect the dockside from the evil that infests Kurast.
- I've done some research on the Taan mage-clan, and it seems that most of their magical studies were focused on Skatsimi rites.
- If anyone is qualified to use the powers of the Gidbinn, it would be Ormus.
- As far as we know, the Gidbinn is in the possession of the Children of Light. They do not wish it to fall into the hands of those who can restore its powers.
- You may not believe it, but Ormus is the one who can use the Gidbinn to protect us.
- The Gidbinn is one of the few remaining relics of Skatsim, the Old Religion. It is reputed to have great powers.
- Don't let the Gidbinn's size fool you. Though it is only a small dagger, it holds tremendous power when in the hands of a true Skatsimi mage.
- Ormus is familiar with the Gidbinn. But how would a powerful Skatsimi artifact aid an unbeliever like you?
- Legend has it that the Skatsimi priests placed great power within the small blade. Power enough to repel this terrible jungle-curse which encroaches on our sanctuary.
- I'm certain that the Gidbinn is very closely guarded.
- Since you haven't come across the Gidbinn yet, the dagger must be deeper in the jungle nearer Kurast.
- Once the Gidbinn is found, Ormus will use it to strengthen the protective barrier around the dockside.
- The jungle is like nothing you've ever seen before. Imagine Paradise festering like a wound... then bursting!
- You'd best get back out there and find that blade. The jungle creeps further into this camp by the hour.
- If we are to have peace from the shadow, you must find the weapon which will destroy the Light.
- Hah! You have stolen the fabled blade from right under Zakarum's nose! This is a great day, indeed!
- Now that fewer of the Iron Wolves are needed to guard the dockside, some of them have volunteered to accompany you free of charge.
- Who could have foreseen that the Old Religion would play such an effective role in our war against the Three? Again, your efforts amaze me, my friend.
- The Gidbinn's magic can only be channeled through Ormus.
- Take it to him. He has the necessary knowledge about the ancient Skatsimi magics.
- With any luck, the spirits of Skatsim will grant us revenge upon the powers that ravaged this land.
- You are truly amazing, stranger. There are precious few items in the world that would tempt me to go up against the Children of Zakarum and their midget minions.
- You have done well, noble hero. Ormus congratulates you. The old spirits of Skatsim will watch over you for returning their sacred blade.
- Now, after all these years, Ormus will once again use his powers to protect the innocent from the shadow. The spell that protects the dockside shall now be reinforced.
- This magic ring does me no good.
- Here... Wear it proudly!
|Quests of Diablo II - Quest Items [ ]|
|Diablo II||Lord of Destruction|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016