Coldworm the Burrower
From Diablo Wiki
|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Coldworm the Burrower is an Animal.
Coldworm can be found on level three of the Maggot Lair. Coldworm is not a quest monster and can be left alone, but since she's always found in the room with the golden chest that contains the Horadric Staff, there's little reason not to put her down while you are there.
Coldworm has no attacks of any kind, but she spawns new full size maggots once characters approach close enough to activate her, and during long battles her reproductive prowess can grow quite wearisome. She dies with a massive explosion of cold and poison damage, which has damage high enough to send most characters scurrying to town for a heal and cure.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|Name||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
||57-93 / 19087-2340 / 13600-16691||--||18/Nef, 51/Lem, 78/Cham|
- Without the ability to move or fight, most monster modifiers are wasted on her, though they may give some benefit to the Sand Maggots that are her minions.
- Coldworm is stationary and possesses no attacks of any kind, though she can deal quite a bit of damage with the cold and poison she bursts with upon death.
Like all SuperUniques, Coldworm does not regenerate hit points.
- Regen Rate tells what % of a monster's hit points are recovered per second. Standard is 1.2/sec.
- Blocking tells what % of successful, blockable attacks will not damage the monster. Monsters need not carry a shield to block.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|0% / 0% / 50%||0% / 0% / 0%||115% / 115% / 115%||0% / 0% / 0%||150% / 150% / 270%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|Coldworm the Burrower||Act 2: Maggot Lair level 3|