From Diablo Wiki
Gargoyles are Demons.
- See the stats for regular Gargoyles here.
Gargoyles impersonate statues until they are damaged, or until a character moves within a couple of spaces of them. Ranged attackers find these guys quite easy and Rogues or Mages can usually blast them with a stream of projectiles before they can fly away. When a gargoyle is low on health it will try to fly away. If it gets a few spaces out of range it will sit down and return to statue form, regenerating hit points very rapidly while in that mode.
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns on that level in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Nightwing the Cold (Gargoyle)||7||Yes||1 D -||14 / 29 / 44||13 / 13 / 13||I-R / I-R / I-R|
|Goldblight the Flame (Blood Claw)||10||Yes||0 D -||20 / 35/ 50||19 / 19 / 19||II- / II- / II-|
|Viletouch (Death Wing)||12||Yes||3 D -||24 / 39 / 54||23 / 23 / 23||--I / --I / --I|
Gargoyles will flee when they are low on health. If they are able to move a few squares away they will drop back down into statue mode and regenerate their hit points at an increased rate.
- Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Nightwing the Cold (Gargoyle)||1205 / 4410 / 8820||342 / 1027 / 1371||45 / 95 / 125||60 / 150 / 185||18-26 / 40-56 / 78-114||Winged Fiend|
|Goldblight the Flame (Blood Claw)*||1873 / 5746 / 11492||405 / 1216 / 1623||80 / 80 / 80||80 / 165 / 200||15-35 / 34-74 / 66-146||Gargoyle|
|Viletouch (Death Wing)||2278 / 8556 / 13112||525 / 1576 / 2103||60 / 110 / 140||95 / 180 / 215||20-40 / 44-84 / 86-166||Gargoyle|
- * Goldblight has 80 AC on all difficulty levels.
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page for swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Nightwing the Cold (Gargoyle)||0.70||0.50||0.70||0.35|
|Goldblight the Flame (Blood Claw)*||0.70||0.50||0.70||0.35|
|Viletouch (Death Wing)||0.70||0.50||0.70||0.35|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|