Halls of the Blind
From Diablo Wiki
The Halls of the Blind quest is a single player only quest that includes perhaps the best piece of poetry found in the game. The quest is more artful and artistic than difficult or rewarding, but the Hidden are such a classic monster and the poem so haunting that most players find this one pretty memorable.
Halls of the Blind
- Quest Name: Halls of the Blind
- Triggered By: Reading the Book of the Blind.
- Frequency: Single player only, 2/3 of games.
- Given by: Book of the Blind.
- Location: Dungeon Level 7.
- Reward: The Optic Amulet.
The halls of the blind are a figure-eight shaped area located somewhere on level 7. There are no doors to enter the area at first, but two openings appear, one on each end, when you read the Book of the Blind. It's one of the more haunting poems in the game.
Within the "figure-eight of the blind" area you'll find more than a dozen of the bright yellow Illusion Weavers, the craftiest kind of Hidden. They are clustered near each opening, and there are three more hidden inside each of the small rooms within the Halls. One holds the amulet, lying on the ground. The other holds only Illusion Weavers.
Like all Hidden, Illusion Weavers are crafty and approach you invisible and immaterial, only appearing when they are within melee range. These guys hit fast and attack in a pack, and it's very easy for a careless rogue or sorcerer to get killed here, if surrounded. Hidden are vulnerable to ranged attacks, since while they are invisible until they are just one space away, they become tangible within 3 or 4 spaces. Characters with ranged attacks can fire in straight lines and nail these guys before they are even visible, whether they're retreating or attacking.
The Optic Amulet is fairly useless in its mods, and usually gets sold right back to Griswold.
Book of the Blind
- I can see what you see not.
- Vision milky then eyes rot.
- When you turn they will be gone,
- Whispering their hidden song.
- Then you see what cannot be,
- Shadows move where light should be.
- Out of darkness, out of mind,
- Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
- This is a place of great anguish and terror, and so serves its master well.
- Tread carefully or you may yourself be staying much longer than you had anticipated.
- You recite an interesting rhyme written in a style that reminds me of other works. Let me think now - what was it?
- ...Darkness shrouds the Hidden. Eyes glowing unseen with only the sounds of razor claws briefly scraping to torment those poor souls who have been made sightless for all eternity. The prison for those so damned is named the Halls of the Blind...
- Look here... that's pretty funny, huh? Get it? Blind - look here?
- If you have questions about blindness, you should talk to Pepin. I know that he gave my grandmother a potion that helped clear her vision, so maybe he can help you, too.
- I am afraid that I have neither heard nor seen a place that matches your vivid description, my friend. Perhaps Cain the Storyteller could be of some help.
- I never much cared for poetry. Occasionally, I had cause to hire minstrels when the inn was doing well, but that seems like such a long time ago now.
- What? Oh, yes... uh, well, I suppose you could see what someone else knows.
- This does seem familiar, somehow. I seem to recall reading something very much like that poem while researching the history of demonic afflictions. It spoke of a place of great evil that... wait - you're not going there are you?
- Lets see, am I selling you something? No. Are you giving me money to tell you about this? No. Are you now leaving and going to talk to the storyteller who lives for this kind of thing? Yes.
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|