Horned Demon Bosses
From Diablo Wiki
Horned Demons are Animals.
- Stats for regular Horned Demons can be seen here.
These large, bipedal monsters attack with the hooked, rhinoceros-like horn atop their blunt skulls. They are dangerous at melee range, goring repeatedly and rapidly with their horn, but are most frightening from a distance, due to their tendency to launch rapid charging attacks from a considerable distance. When the Horned Demons charge they utter a sort of snorting, whistling scream, the sound of which seems to grow louder as they approach, Doppler effect-style. Their charging attacks enjoy a huge to/hit and damage bonus, and they are best avoided.
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
Most boss stats are identical to the stats of regular monsters of their type. All of their speed measurements are unchanged, and most bosses have the same AC, to/hit, are worth the same experience, etc.
Though Obsidian Lords are a higher level monster than Frost Chargers, Blackstorm is listed first in these tables, since he occurs on dungeon level 10, while Bluehorn is found on level 11. (And this has bigger stats.)
Horned Demons are animals, and will thus take a 50% damage penalty from swords and will therefore die much more quickly (and satisfyingly) than other monsters of comparable difficulty.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Breakspine (Mud Runner)||9||Yes||0 D F||18 / 33 / 48||15 / 15 / 15||-R- / -R- / -R-|
|Blackstorm (Obsidian Lord)*||10||Yes||3 D F||20 / 35 / 50||17 / 17 / 17||I-I / I-I / I-I|
|Bluehorn (Frost Charger)||11||Yes||1 D F||22 / 37 / 52||19 / 19 / 19||IR- / IR- / IR-|
- Blackstorm is immune to Magic and Lightning, but has no Fire resistance. This makes for an odd situation, since all the other Obsidian Lords on Hell difficulty are triple immune, while the Obsidian Lord boss can be mowed down by any fire spell. Much to a Sorcerer's relief. (Good luck with the triple immune minion pack that surrounds him.)
The Horned Demon charging attack gets a +500% To/Hit bonus. It will almost always connect, if a character doesn't completely dodge it. Objects such as barrels or other ground obstacles will also stop a charging attack, and charges are never launched from close range; only by Horned Demons who are at least half a screen away.
- Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Breakspine (Mud Runner)||1404 / 4808 / 9616||351 / 1054 / 1407||45 / 95 / 125||70 / 155 / 190|| Melee: 25-34 / 54-72 / 106-142
Charge: 12-36 / 28-76 / 54-150
|Blackstorm (Obsidian Lord)||1809 / 5618 / 11,236||525 / 1576 / 2103||55 / 105 / 135||90 / 175 / 210|| Melee: 20-40 / 44-84 / 86-166
Charge: 20-50 / 44-104 / 86-206
|Bluehorn (Frost Charger)||1720 / 5440 / 10,880||477 / 1432 / 1911||90 / 90 / 90||80 / 165 / 200|| Melee: 25-30 / 54-64 / 106-126
Charge: 20-40 / 44-84 / 86-166
- * Due to a bug, Bluehorn has 90 AC on all difficulty levels.
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page other swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Breakspine (Mud Runner)||0.40||0.30||0.70||0.35|
|Blackstorm (Obsidian Lord)||0.40||0.30||0.70||0.35|
|Bluehorn (Frost Charger)||0.40||0.30||0.70||0.35|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016