From Diablo Wiki
Lightning Demons are Demons.
These large, long-armed, fast-looking bipedal demons are nasty melee attackers who pack a bonus annoyance of lightning bolt attacks from a distance. Their lightning is flashy and gives them their name, but it's actually fairly low damage, and can be largely ignored by any character with adequate lightning resistance. Their melee attacks are much more dangerous, and just one of these guys can stunlock a lightly-armored Sorcerer in Hell. A pack of them is extremely dangerous.
Happily, especially for Sorcerers, no type of these monsters has fire resistance, much less immunity, and they can be slaughtered by the judicious application of high level Fireballs.
- Full listing of the SuperUnique Lightning Demons.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|Dungeon Level||Monster Level||IntF||Experience||MFL|
|Red Storm||9-11||18 / 33 / 48||O DF||2160 / 6320 / 12,640||I-R / I-R / I-I|
|Storm Rider||10-12||20 / 35 / 50||1 DF||2391 / 6782 / 13,564||R-I / R-I / I-I|
|Storm Lord||11-13||22 / 37 / 52||2 DF||2775 / 7550 / 16,100||R-I / R-I / I-I|
|Maelstrom||12-14||24 / 39 / 54||3 DF||3177 / 8354 / 16,708||R-I / R-I / I-I|
They also hurl lightning bolts from a distance. Jarulf's Guide does not list the damage of these projectiles, but they are not especially dangerous; characters with good lightning resistance can almost ignore them. At any rate, the very fast hitting melee attacks of these guys are a much greater threat.
- Lightning Demons can hit with both hands at melee range. Their second hand has a 20% to/hit bonus and +4 damage.
|Hit Points (Diablo, MP)||HPs (Hellfire, SP)||AC||To/Hit||Damage|
|Red Storm||55-110 / 166-331 / 223-443||27-55 / 131-215 / 208-320||30 / 80 / 110||80 / 165 / 200||8-18 / 20-40 / 36-78|
|Storm Rider||60-120 / 181-361 / 243-483||30-60 / 140-230 / 220-340||30 / 80 / 110||80 / 165 / 200||8-18 / 20-40 / 36-78|
|Storm Lord||75-135 / 226-406 / 303-543||37-67 / 161-251 / 248-368||35 / 85 / 115||85 / 170 / 205||12-24 / 28-52 / 54-102|
|Maelstrom||90-150 / 271-451 / 363-603||45-75 / 185-275 / 280-400||40 / 90 / 120||90 / 175 / 210||12-28 / 28-62 / 54-118|
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page other swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
- The second attack and hit times are for the lightning bolt projectiles.
- Lightning Demons have a double hit with their melee attack; two hits in one, hence the two hit time counts.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Red Storm||0.40||0.20||0.90 / 0.70||0.25-0.65 / 0.40|
|Storm Rider||0.40||0.20||0.90 / 0.70||0.25-0.65 / 0.40|
|Storm Lord||0.40||0.20||0.90 / 0.70||0.25-0.65 / 0.40|
|Maelstrom||0.40||0.20||0.90 / 0.70||0.25-0.65 / 0.40|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|