Lightning Demon Bosses
From Diablo Wiki
Lightning Demons are Demons.
- See stats for regular Lightning Demons here.
Lightning Demons are fierce attackers, capable of hurling lightning bolts from a distance, before closing in to launch very rapid, two-handed melee assaults. Their lightning bolts are annoying and singing, but the demons move around a fair amount between hurling bolts, so they don't often concentrate enough incoming lightning to deal substantial damage. Their melee attacks are much more dangerous, and they're fast enough to be a real stun lock danger to any lightly armored character, especially one who forgoes a shield.
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns on that level in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Brokenstorm (Red Storm)||9||Yes||2 DF||18 / 33 / 48||18 / 18 / 18||--I / --I / --I|
|The Flayer (Storm Rider)||10||Yes||1 DF||20 / 35 / 50||20 / 20 / 20||RRI / RRI / RRI|
|Doomcloud (Maelstrom)||13||No||1 DF||26 / 41 / 56||24 / 24 / 24||-RI / -RI / -RI|
Lightning Demons can hit with both hands at melee range. Their second hand has a 20% to/hit bonus and +4 damage. They also hurl lightning bolts from a distance. Jarulf's Guide does not list the damage of these projectiles, but they are not especially dangerous; characters with good lightning resistance can almost ignore them. At any rate, the very fast hitting melee attacks of these guys are a much greater threat.
- Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Brokenstorm (Red Storm)||2160 / 6320 / 12,640||411 / 1234 / 1647||30 / 80 / 110||80 / 165 / 200||23-36 / 54-76 / 106-150||Magma Demon|
|The Flayer (Storm Rider)||2391 / 6782 / 13,564||501 / 1504 / 2007||30 / 80 / 110||80 / 165 / 200||20-35 / 44-74 / 86-146||Magma Demon|
|Doomcloud (Maelstrom)||3177 / 8354 / 16,708||612 / 1837 / 2451||40 / 90 / 120||90 / 175 / 210||1-60 / 6-124 / 10-246||Magma Demon|
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page for swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
- The second attack and hit times are for the lightning bolt projectiles.
- Lightning Demons have a double hit with their melee attack; two hits in one, hence the two "hit time" values.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Brokenstorm (Red Storm)||0.40||0.20||0.90 / 0.70||0.25-0.65 / 0.40|
|The Flayer (Storm Rider)||0.40||0.20||0.90 / 0.70||0.25-0.65 / 0.40|
|Doomcloud (Maelstrom)||0.40||0.20||0.90 / 0.70||0.25-0.65 / 0.40|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016