From Diablo Wiki
Mages are Demons
- See stats for normal Mages here.
Mages are pure magic-users. They possess no melee attack, but cast the Flash spell in melee, and they use magic for everything, even teleporting instead of walking. Each kind of mage has a different spell type, shooting either fire or lightning as their only ranged attack. Melee characters find mages more challenging since they must be run down and chopped up. Ranged attackers can nail mages from a distance, but since mages do not follow the player, they must be hunted down or ignored; they can not be lured into traps.
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns on that level in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Zhar the Mad (Counselor)*||8||No||3||16 / 31 / 46||25 / 25 / 25**||IRR / IRR / IRR|
|Dreadjudge (Magistrate)||14||Yes||1||28 / 43 / 58||27 / 27 / 27||IRR / IRR / IRR|
|The Vizier (Cabalist)||15||Yes||2||30 / 45 / 60||29 / 29 / 29||-I- / -I- / -I-|
|Arch-Bishop Lazarus (Advocate)***||16||No||3||35 / 65 / 95||30 / 30 / 30||IRR / IRR / IRR|
- * Zhar the Mad is only found as part of a single player quest.
- ** Zhar the Mad only/always drops a random spellbook.
- *** Arch-Bishop Lazarus is found in every game.
All mages have the ability to cast Flash, which deals magical damage. This spell is only cast when a character (or golem) is at melee range, and their Flash spells deal very low damage. Jarulf's Guide does not list the Flash damage.
- Zhar the Mad and Lazarus cast Fireballs.
- Dreadjudge casts Charged Bolt.
- The Vizier casts Lightning Bolt.
Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Zhar the Mad (Counselor)||3876 / 9752 / 19,504||360 / 1081 / 1440||0 / 50 / 80||90 / 175 / 210||16-40 / 36-84 / 70-166*||Special|
|Dreadjudge (Magistrate)||4478 / 9752 / 19,504||540 / 1621 / 2163||0 / 50 / 80||100 / 185 / 220||30-40 / 64-84 / 126-166*||Mage|
|The Vizier (Cabalist)||4929 / 10,956 / 23,716||850 / 2551 / 3403||0 / 50 / 80||110 / 205 / 230||25-40 / 54-84 / 126-166*||Mage|
|Arch-Bishop Lazarus (Advocate)||4968 / 11,936 / 23,872||600 / 1801 / 2403||0 / 50 / 80||120 / 215 / 240||30-50 / 60-104 / 126-206*||Special|
- * The damage listed for Zhar the Mad and Lazarus might be accurate, but the figures for Dreadjudge and The Vizier have no relation to the damage done in the game by their Charged Bolt and Lightning Bolt attacks. The stats are from Jarulf's Guide.
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page for swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
- Mages do not walk; they only move by teleport, usually when they are threatened by melee attacking characters. They vanish in 0.05 (as listed below), which is much faster than any walking monster can move from one space to another. (Making mages harder to hit.)
- The 1 second value is for their fade in/out animation.
- Since mages hit recovery time is 0.40, attacks must be faster than this to stun lock them so they can not teleport. This is why Warriors need a sword of speed/haste, and why rogues can not stun lock mages with any melee weapon (but can with 0.35 speed bows).
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Zhar the Mad (Counselor)||0.05 / 1.0||0.40||1.00||0.40|
|Dreadjudge (Magistrate)||0.05 / 1.0||0.40||1.00||0.40|
|The Vizier (Cabalist)||0.05 / 1.0||0.40||1.00||0.40|
|Arch-Bishop Lazarus (Advocate)||0.05 / 1.0||0.40||1.00||0.40|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016