Spitting Terrors Bosses
From Diablo Wiki
Spitting Terrors are animals.
- Stats for regular Spitting Terrors can be seen here.
These bosses and their packs are among the most feared in the game, especially by melee fighters. While regular spitting terrors are dangerous, they can be lured around corners and chopped into submission. That's not true of the bosses and their packs, who only attack with their fast acid spit. They will run around corners to pursue, but if they have visual contact they will stand still and spit acid forever, rather than moving into melee range. They will run away if you get too close, but they're slow to retreat, and are not hard to chase down.
Mercifully, their acid balls have a limited range, rather than flying until they hit a target or a wall, like most monster projectiles. This makes Spitting Terrors fairly easy for ranged attackers, who can stand just at the extent of the range of the acid balls and return fire with greater range and devastating results.
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Deathspit (Acid Beast)||6||Yes||0 - -||12 / 27 / 42||11 / 11 / 11||-RR / -RR / -RR|
|Chaoshowler (Poison Spitter)||8||Yes||0 - -||16 / 31 / 46||15 / 15 / 15||--- / --- / ---|
|Plaguewrath (Poison Spitter)||10||Yes||2 - -||20 / 35 / 50||15 / 15 / 15||IR- / IR- / IR-|
All three bosses and their entire packs will only spit and never use their melee attack.
- Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Deathspit (Acid Beast)||846 / 3692 / 7384||303 / 910 / 1215||30 / 80 / 110||40 / 125 / 160||12-32 / 28-68 / 54-134||Fast Spit|
|Chaoshowler (Poison Spitter)||1248 / 4496 / 8992||240 / 721 / 963||30 / 80 / 110||45 / 130 / 165||12-20 / 28-44 / 54-86||Fast Spit|
|Plaguewrath (Poison Spitter)||1248 / 4496 / 8992||450 / 1351 / 1803||30 / 80 / 110||45 / 130 / 165||20-30 / 44-64 / 86-126||Fast Spit|
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page other swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
- All types of Spitting Terrors spit acid (magic damage) projectiles. The (very fast) speed of these is listed second in attack and hit time.
- These bosses and their minion packs only spit. They do not use their melee attack.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Deathspit (Acid Beast)||0.40||0.40||0.60 / 0.20||0.40 / 0.00|
|Chaoshowler (Poison Spitter)||0.40||0.40||0.60 / 0.20||0.40 / 0.00|
|Plaguewrath (Poison Spitter)||0.40||0.40||0.60 / 0.20||0.40 / 0.00|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|