Halls of the Blind
The Halls of the Blind quest is a single player only quest that includes perhaps the best piece of poetry found in the game. The quest is more artful and artistic than difficult or rewarding, but the Hidden are such a classic monster and the poem so haunting that most players find this one pretty memorable.
Halls of the Blind
- Quest Name: Halls of the Blind
- Triggered By: Reading the Book of the Blind.
- Frequency: Single player only, 2/3 of games.
- Given by: Book of the Blind.
- Location: Dungeon Level 8.
- Reward: The Optic Amulet.
The halls of the blind are a figure-eight shaped area located somewhere on level 8. There are no doors to enter the area at first, but two openings appear, one on each end, when you read the Book of the Blind. It's one of the more haunting poems in the game:
- I can see what you see not.
- Vision milky, then eyes rot.
- When you turn they will be gone,
- Whispering their hidden song.
- Then you see what cannot be,
- Shadows move where light should be.
- Out of darkness, out of mind,
- Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
Within the "figure-eight of the blind" area you'll find more than a dozen of the bright yellow Illusion Weavers, the craftiest kind of Hidden. They are clustered near each opening, and there are three more hidden inside each of the small rooms within the Halls. One holds the amulet, lying on the ground. The other holds only Illusion Weavers.
Like all Hidden, Illusion Weavers are crafty and approach you invisible and immaterial, only appearing when they are within melee range. These guys hit fast and attack in a pack, and it's very easy for a careless rogue or sorcerer to get killed here, if surrounded. Hidden are vulnerable to ranged attacks, since while they are invisible until they are just one space away, they become tangible within 3 or 4 spaces. Character's with ranged attacks can fire in straight lines and nail these guys before they are even visible, whether they're retreating or attacking.
The Optic Amulet is fairly useless in its mods, and usually gets sold right back to Griswold.
|This article is a candidate for deletion, because: deprecated/dupe.|
If you believe this article should not be deleted, explain it on this discussion.
|Quests in Diablo and Hellfire -- Quest General Info -- D1 & HF Quest Items [ ]|