Hephasto the Armorer
|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Hephasto the Armorer is a Demon.
Hephasto the Armorer is found near the Hellforge, in the River of Flame in Act Four. Hephasto is a quest monster; you must kill him to obtain the Hellforge Hammer that is required to smash Mephisto's Soulstone as part of the Hellforge quest.
Hephasto isn't too fierce these days, but prior to v1.07 he was terrifying thanks to big damage, rapid foot speed, and his Cursed and Extra Strong properties. His area of the River of Flame was avoided by almost all hardcore characters, and only Paladins with Smite felt confident taking Hephasto on, in those days of 800+ damage with a single hit. In v1.07 Hephasto was neutered, losing much of his damage and both of the mods that made him so dangerous.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|Name||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
||8||36/Dol, 60/Ist, 84/Zod|
- Like all bosses with the Spectral Hit modifier, Hephasto adds one random type of damage to all of his attacks.
- His listed spectral damage will be much higher in the game, when the resistance penalties from his Conviction Aura are factored in.
|Name||Melee Attack||Attack Rating||Spectral Norm||Spectral NM||Spectral Hell|
| Fire: 32-49
Cold: 32-49 (1.6s)
Poison: 5-8 over 1.6s (3.1-4.8/sec)
| Fire: 66-100|
Cold: 66-100 (1.6s)
Poison: 10-16 over 1.6s (6.5-9.8/sec)
Like all SuperUniques, Hephasto does not regenerate hit points.
- Regen Rate tells what % of a monster's hit points are recovered per second. Standard is 1.2/sec.
- Blocking tells what % of successful, blockable attacks will not damage the monster. Monsters need not carry a shield to block.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|0% / 0% / 50%||20% / 20% / 95%||20% / 20% / 45%||20% / 20% / 45%||-50% / -50% / 0%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|Hephasto the Armorer||Act 5: River of Flame. (By the Hellforge, found at the end of one random peninsula.)|