|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Korlic is an Animal.
Korlic is found on the Arreat Summit. He is one of the three statues who come to life to defend the entrance to the Worldstone Keep, and must be defeated to complete the Rite of Passage quest. Korlic wields a huge poleaxe and a devastating leap attack, and is more dangerous than Madawc or Talic, the other two guardians.
Prior to v1.09, Korlic and the other Ancients were much fiercer, since their benefits from the random Monster Modifiers they gained were uncapped, and enabled them to stack multiple immunities on Hell. Players were frequently forced to use a town portal to reset the level and try again and again until they "rerolled" properties on the Ancients that could be dealt with. Since v1.09, the maximum gains from random properties are capped, making the Ancients more predictable, less dangerous, and somewhat less fun.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|Name||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
Korlic and the other 2 Barbarian Guardians do not have any permanent modifiers, but they all gain, at random, 1 on Nightmare and 2 on Hell.
Korlic's melee attack is not that fearsome. His real danger comes from his leap attack. Even though this attack was nerfed in v1.09, it still does huge damage and nearly always hits, if the target is in range and fails to block it. (His leap attack bonuses are equivalent to level 5, 8, and 12.) A low hit point character, especially when Cursed or when Korlic is Extra Strong or boosted by Might, takes a single one of his leaping hits at their great peril. He is best engaged at melee range, where he can not unleash his leap attack.
- All of the guardians spawn with random equipment bonuses, much like Valkyries do. This can give them interesting bonuses to their damage, resistances, and other properties, though these bonuses are hard to observe or quantify during the chaotic battle.
|Name||Melee Attack||Attack Rating||Leap Attack|
|Korlic||6-21 / 14-53 / 17-165||1051 / 3420 / 8995|| Damage enhanced by:|
220% / 310% / 430%
Like all SuperUniques, Korlic does not regenerate hit points.
Korlic can not be frozen or chilled on any difficulty level, though he is susceptible to slowing from skills such as Holy Freeze and Decrepify.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|Korlic||70% / 70% / 40%||70% / 70% / 70%||0% / 0% / 150%||0% / 0% / 50%||70% / 70% / 50%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|Korlic||Act 5: Arreat Summit|
Korlic was raised in the Henknoc jungles on the southern end of the barbarian kingdom. While the land that these barbarians lived in was lush and full of life, it was also full of danger beyond belief. Korlic was the leader of the Henknoc, protecting his people from the beasts they lived among. As a child he had managed to tame one of the more vicious animals called a Stalker. It was said that there must have been druid in his blood in order to perform such a task at such a young age. In his teens Korlic rescued a small child from a horde of giant spiders. The child turned out to be the son of a chieftain of an enemy tribe. Without thought or worry Korlic returned the boy home. While some say it was an act of stupidity, others say it was an act of courage. Which ever, it brought about an end to the conflicts between the two tribes.
When the Ancients summoned Korlic it was through the tribes Seer, his wife. She told him the Ancients had called upon him to protect that which must not fall, to protect Mt. Arreat. The honor was such that Korlic could not speak. Seeing this, his wife turned to the people of Henknoc and shouted, "My husband, your chief, has been chosen by the Ancients to guard sacred Mt. Arreat. In honor of this joyous occasion we shall celebrate until his departure." And they celebrated, for three days until Korlic left. On the final day, Korlic named his successor. He was the young boy, now a man, who Korlic had saved from the giant spiders so long ago. Korlic knew he would rule fairly and justly over both tribes. Finally, with all his worldly deeds complete, he ventured to the top of Arreat to begin his otherworldly quest of protecting the Worldstone for all eternity.