River of Flames
|Diablo II Level Info |
|River of Flames|
|Pit Lord, Blood Maggot, Blood Maggot Egg, Blood Maggot Young, Abyss Knight, Grotesque, Grotesque Wyrm, Urdar, Maw Fiend, Strangler|
|Fill out||Fill out||Fill out|
|Hephasto the Armorer, mlvl 28||Hephasto the Armorer, mlvl 60||Hephasto the Armorer, mlvl 88|
|City of the Damned, Chaos Sanctuary|
When you step down the stairs from the City of the Damned, you reach the real Hell. This level lives up to it's name. It is essentially the deepest level of Hell, and contains the Chaos Sanctuary. It is a large ocean of magma and flame, with stone roads and occasionally large, dark stone/iron structures. It can be difficult to navigate due to the lava rivers and haphazard terrain.
This area contains the Chaos Sanctuary, the Hellforge, and a waypoint. Hadriel can be found directly northeast of the waypoint, guarding the Chaos Sanctuary. If you have not completed The Hellforge quest, Hadriel will tell you to turn back, and find the Hellforge. Hephasto the Armorer can be found beside the Hellforge and drops the Hellforge Hammer. After destroying Mephisto's Soulstone, Hadriel will let you pass. Behind Hadriel is a short road that leads to a small maze, and the Chaos Sanctuary. There are one or two unique monsters that can spawn randomly in this area.
- Monster levels are usually always equal to the area level with exception to uniques (mlvl +3) and champions (mlvl +2).
Before completing Hell's forge quest
- Halt! Before venturing into Diablo's lair, go to the Hellforge with Mephisto's Soulstone.
- Place the stone on the Hellforge and use the Hellforge Hammer to destroy it.
After completing Hell's forge quest
- Proceed, hero, into Terror's lair.
- Know that Diablo's innermost sanctum is hidden by five seals.
- Only by opening each of these seals can you clear your way to the final battle.
If you are at all interested in the story and lore of the games, you should also check out:
|Diablo II Levels [ ]|
|Act IV - Quests [ ]|