|Diablo II Items [ ]|
|Axes • Bows • Crossbows • Daggers • Javelins • Maces • Polearms • Scepters • Spears • Staves • Swords • Throwing • Wands|
|Belts • Body Armor • Boots • Circlets • Gloves • Helms • Shields|
|Assassin Items • Amazon Items • Barbarian Items • Druid Items • Necromancer Items • Paladin Items • Sorceress Items|
|Charms • Class Items • Crafted • Horadric Cube • Runes • Set Items • Uniques • Jewels • Sockets|
|Guides and Stats|
|Calculations • Gambling • Item Generation • Modifiers • Runewords • Quest Items • Potions • Ethereal • Gems • Base Item Levels • Misc|
|Runewords • Rune hunting|
Rune list • Rune FAQ
Weapon: Faster Attack Rate (+20)
Armor/Helm: Faster Hit Recovery (+20)
Shields: Faster Block Rate (+20)
Ilvl/Clvl Required: 29
The Right Runes
Look at the rune list for information on how to get the right runes. For weapons you'll want to find the best type of weapon possible, since that's what the bonus damage is based on. Same with Armor if you are after Defense and shields for blocking percentage. If defense isn't important, look for an item that looks good, has low requirements, and for armor and shields, is not going to slow your running speed.
To Make a Runeword
- Items used for Runewords must be gray text items, normal, exceptional, or Elite. Low Quality, Superior, and Ethereal can be used, but you can not use magical, Rare, Set, Crafted, or Unique items, even if they have the correct number of sockets.
- The item must be of the correct type.
- The item must have exactly the correct number of sockets -- no more.
- You must socket the Runes in the correct order.
- The Runes fill the sockets in numerical order automatically, i.e. in the order 1, 2, 3, .... For example, trying to place the third Rune of a Runeword into the third socket while sockets 1 and 2 are empty will result in the Rune filling socket 1, contrary to intentions. As mentioned elsewhere, it is possible to remove an item from a socket, but the item is destroyed in the process.
- The Runeword Preparation Recipes tune equipment for receiving Runewords.
- Check the Rune FAQ for further help.
Runewords with Shael
|| 40% faster hit Recovery
+10-20% Enhanced Damage (varies)
|See it here.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|| 100% Chance To Cast Level 40 Blizzard When You Level-up
25% Chance To Cast Level 22 Frost Nova On Striking
|| +3 To Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)
||See it here.||Yes||Yes||Yes|
30% Chance To Cast Level 20 Bone Spirit On Striking
|| 4% Chance To Cast Level 5 Slow Missiles When Struck
2% Chance To Cast level 15 Valkyrie On Striking
|| +40% Faster Block Rate
20% Increased Chance of Blocking
| One of the more useful, inexpensive runewords. Popular for javazons, sorceresses, necromancers, and others not in need of massive defense.
See it here.
|| +60% Faster Hit Recovery
||See it here.||Yes||Yes||No|
|| 5% Chance To Cast Level 15 Fade When Struck
25% Chance To Cast level 15 Venom On Striking
Cube Recipes with Shael
- v1.10 and later only.
- This recipe upgrades the item type of the armor without changing the stats, and is useful to increase the armor's defence.
- Ethereal items, as well as socketed items can be upgraded without changing their nature.
- Level requirements, as well as strength requirements, will increase corresponding to the exceptional version of the item.
- Works on all types of armor, not just body armor. Helms, boots, belts, etc.