The Smith is found in the Barracks, near the forge. He does not need to be killed to finish the Tools of the Trade quest, but since the hammer must be retrieved, and since The Smith is right beside it, his head is usually on the platter.
The Smith uses the same graphics as Hephasto, and both are clearly modeled after The Butcher, the infamously scary monster from Diablo. The Smith isn't much of a challenge to most characters on Nightmare or Hell, but when he's first reached by a new character, he can be quite a difficult monster to kill, with his quick foot speed and relentless pounding hammer attack.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
|Name||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
||7||12/-, 66/Vex, 66/Vex|
The Smith is always Extra Fast. He gains 1 random modifier on Nightmare and 2 on Hell.
- The Smith deals physical damage, with a % chance to add fire damage on top of that.
|Name||Melee Attack||Attack Rating||Minions|
|The Smith|| Physical + Fire:
21-25 + 0
67-82 + (15%) 10-21
147-181 + (30%) 33-66
Like all SuperUniques, The Smith does not regenerate hit points.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|0% / 10% / 25%||0% / 25% / 50%||0% / 0% / 0%||0% / 0% / 0%||-50% / -50% / -50%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|The Smith||Act 1: The Barracks, near the forge.|