From Diablo Wiki
Kurast was the capital city of Diablo II, and the second largest city in the empire, after .during the time of
Most of Kurast was overrun by the "jungle-plague" created by the Prime Evils, or terrorised by the priests who were under control by Mephisto. One of the parts of the city that were not overrun was the Kurast Docks, an area separated from the main city to handle trade by sea, where the player starts in the game.
When Mephisto's Compelling Orb was smashed and the Prime Evil killed, life went back to normal very quickly in Kurast, and 20 years later, people only speak of it as a freak series of events, like a riot or another minor upheaval in their lives.
- For more lore on Kurast, please visit the general Diablo Wiki article.
Diablo II Levels
Kurast is so big it is represented in multiple levels in Diablo II, even though other great cities like Lut Gholein instead has been shrunken to a small town-sized area. This is how it is presented in D2:
- Kurast Docks - Separated from the main town, by the great river that runs out to the .
- Lower Kurast - Outer sprawl of the city. Overrun by jungle, monster and fanatics.
- Kurast Bazaar - Former trading district of Kurast. Rich area.
- Sewers - A must in any larger city, and classical Diablo dungeoneering.
- Upper Kurast - The finer living areas of Kurast. Rich people accomodations.
- Kurast Causeway - A handy massive road within the city for quick access to Travincal.
- Travincal - The holy city within the city. Compare it to the Vatican in Rome.
|Diablo II Levels [ ]|
|Act III - Quests [ ]|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016