The Sister's Lament
From Diablo Wiki
(Redirected from The Calling)
- So, Marius. At last I find you.
- Tyrael! Yes, yes, now I... Now I recognize you. I should have known you would travel in disguise. They're... They're always watching.
- I've been searching for you for a long time, Marius. I was rather beginning to think you didn't want to be found.
- Oh, forgive me, Tyrael, please... It wasn't my fault.
- Not your fault? Tell me, Marius, how was it not your fault?
- The Wanderer. Yes, it was... it was The Wanderer.
- My days in the Rogue Citadel seem so long ago. I sought refuge from my memories in the company of other outcasts, high in the mountains past the Eastern Gate.
- Do you want something?
- Oh, I fought sleep for days at a time. For when I dreamt, the memories would return. Memories of the monastery and the evil which had claimed it. Dreams, memories... I couldn't tell the difference anymore.
- Had the evil from my dreams followed me in my heels? How had he found me here? How could this broken shell of a man, barely able to carry the weight of his own sword, be the burning terror which drove me to hide here?
- He seemed to have demons of his own, that he struggled to contain.
- He was losing.
- As I watched, I became convinced that I was truly mad. The terror! The destruction! The evil I had witnessed... How else could I explain them? Were these the demons from my dream, or were they born within The Wanderer?
- Why did I follow him? I don't know. Why do things happen as they do in dreams? All I know is that when he beckoned, I had to follow him. From that moment, we traveled together east... always into the East.
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2017