|How to Help [e]
|You can help with Sections!|
DiabloWiki is a great resource for everyone, and is built by members of the community adding small or big contributions. Time or English skills are not constraints that should keep you from signing up to the project, as some members might have plenty of time but using English as a second language, and others have skills but only time to correct grammar!
You can help out in the wiki by either filling out Incomplete Pages (also known as "Stubs"). You can also check out the Community Portal for information on the current wiki focus.
Your account will work on both the Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 wikis here at DiabloWiki, if you sign up on one of them. If you have an account on any other Diablo site, such as Diabloii.Net, you will not automatically be able to use that username; you will have to sign up for DiabloWiki separately.
When you have signed up, this is how you get help:
- Our homegrown Help section includes almost anything you would like to know.
- The Wiki Markup page is great if it's a specific piece of "wiki code" you need.
- The FAQ answers a lot of further questions.
- The Community Portal Discussion is a good place to ask questions to be answered by the community.
- The DiabloWiki Support Forum can also be used to get help from sysops and members.
- If all else fails, or you just want to talk to someone, ask Elly or Flux, as the two of them are here to help those who are here to help!
- There is a support forum also, if you prefer.
If you want to search for more help on wikis externally, this is three good articles to check out:
| Featured Article
The Runes of Diablo II translated!
Runes have always held a fascination to man through history, and Diablo II is no exception. The Diablo-runes hold many secrets in their uses and their meaning in terms of the mysterious runewords. In gameplay terms, they are small (1x1) items that drops off of monsters, and has no function on their own, as opposed to charms.
They can be inserted into socketable items, and through the item they provide a player with bonuses of different kinds. They can be upgraded with the Horadric Cube to one of the higher "rune ranks" from the rune list. A combination of runes, entered in sequence into an item of exactly the right type and right amount of sockets will create a powerful Runic Item, or a runeword. With these guides at your hands, your main problem will probably be hunting for the runes!
If you ever have any questions about runes, you can also look through the rune FAQ.
| Other Featured Articles.