From Diablo Wiki
|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Talic is an Animal.
Talic (along with Madawc and Korlic) and is one of the three Barbarian statues that come to life and must be defeated in the Rite of Passage quest. He boasts a flaming sword and fiery red armor, and can use the Whirlwind skill to land multiple hits with one flaming pass.
Prior to v1.09, Talic and the other Ancients were much fiercer, since their benefits from the random Monster Modifiers they gained were uncapped, and enabled them to stack multiple immunities on Hell. Players were frequently forced to use a town portal to reset the level and try again until they "rerolled" properties on the Ancients that could be dealt with. Since v1.09, the maximum gains from random properties are capped, making the Ancients more predictable, less dangerous, and somewhat less fun.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|Name||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
Talic and the other 2 Barbarian Guardians do not have any permanent modifiers, but they all gain, at random, 1 on Nightmare and 2 on Hell.
- All of the guardians spawn with random equipment bonuses, much like Valkyries do. This can give them interesting bonuses to their damage, resistances, and other properties, though these bonuses are hard to observe during the chaotic battle.
- Talic has a slashing melee attack, and can also deal multiple hits with his whirlwind.
- He does not deal fire damage, despite his pretty flaming sword graphic.
|Name||Melee Attack||Attack Rating||Whirlwind|
|Talic||7-14 / 16-34 / 37-53||1051 /3420 /8995|| Increases damage per level:|
+62% / +86% / +118%
Like all SuperUniques, Talic does not regenerate hit points.
Talic can not be chilled or frozen on any difficulty level. (Skills like Holy Freeze and Decrepify will slow him, however.)
Talic does not block, despite carrying a shield.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|Talic||70% / 70% / 40%||70% / 70% / 110%||0% / 0% / 50%||0% / 0% / 50%||70% / 70% / 50%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|Talic||Act 5: Arreat Summit|
Talic is from the Western Shores of the Barbarian Kingdom. At a young age, Talic had already mastered several of the barbarian skills. He was only 19 when he was called to serve the Ancients. Before his calling, he had only heard legends of Mt. Arreat. The Kae Huron mountain range, where lies Arreat, isn't even visible from warm waters he grew up around.
One morning there was a knock at his door. It was the town elder and an old woman. They entered as his wife and young child sat at the table. The woman was introduced as Kala the Seer for Sescheron the capital city of the Barbarian Tribes. She came to bestow upon Talic the ultimate task of protecting the sacred gates to Mt. Arreat. His reward for accepting such service would be eternity atop the mountain. While it was an honor beyond comprehension to be chosen for such a role, he would never be able to return home, nor see any of his family again.
Talic rose from his chair, standing a head taller than the Seer, and told her fiercely "I won't go." He had refused. He told the Seer to choose another. Kala looked at him and said the choice was not hers to make. The Ancients had spoken to her of a young warrior in the West named Talic. That was who they wanted, that was who they chose. Talic stared long at the Seer. Then finally, he nodded slowly in agreement, turned to his wife and child, kissed them goodbye, and journeyed to Mt. Arreat.
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2016