From Diablo Wiki
|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
The Summoner is found at the tip of one of the four arms of the Arcane Sanctuary, a strangely-beautiful, psychedelic-styled area in Act Two. Which of the four tips the Summoner occupies is randomized, but his is a bit longer than the others and has a distinctive shape, so you'll know it as soon as you get near, even if the quest button pop up doesn't warn you. The Summoner is a quest boss; he must be killed to finish the fifth quest in Act Two, and killing him is required to open a portal to the Canyon of the Magi and to learn which of the seven tombs of Tal Rasha is the true tomb. He is implied to be the Sorceror from Diablo I, corrupted much as the Warrior was.
All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|Name||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
|The Summoner||18 / 55 / 80||305 / 26200 / 130,092||82-100 / 1290-1642 / 6167-7849||5||21/Nef, 48/Ko, 72/Lo|
The Summoner's stats are all preset. He does not get any random Monster Modifiers.
- The Summoner has no physical attacks or melee attacks. He is purely a spell caster, with a variety of Sorceress spells and one Necromancer curse. (But no summoning skills, ironically.)
- The chill duration from Glacial Spike and Frost Nova increase with the difficulty level.
- The Weaken Curse always reduces physical damage by 33%.
- Level 4: 8 yard radius, 21.1 sec duration.
- Level 7: 10 yard radius, 28.4 sec duration.
- Level 11: 12.6 yard radius, 38 sec duration.
|Name||Glacial Spike||Frost Nova||Fireball||Firewall||Weaken|
|The Summoner|| Cold Damage:
| Cold Damage:
| Fire Damage:
4 / 7 / 11
Like all SuperUniques, The Summoner does not regenerate hit points.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|0% / 0% / 0%||50% / 50% / 75%||50% / 50% / 75%||50% / 50% / 75%||0% / 0% / 0%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|The Summoner||Act 2: The Arcane Sanctuary|
The Key of Hate
In the v1.11 patch, the Summoner was given the ability to drop the Key of Hate, a quest item required to engage in the Pandemonium Event. This quest is only functional on the realms, so while the Summoner drops the key in single player games, it is of no use to those characters. The Key of Hate only drops on Hell difficulty, and the Summoner's odds to drop it (along with various other random items) increase when there are more players in the game:
- 1-2 players: 8.6%
- 3-4 players: 11.6%
- 5-6 players: 12.5%
- 7-8 players: 12.8%
- Heha... hahahehehaha...
- Heha... hahahehehaha...hehehaha...