Before completing Hell's forge quest
- Halt! Before venturing into Diablo's lair, go to the Hellforge with Mephisto's Soulstone.
- Place the stone on the Hellforge and use the Hellforge Hammer to destroy it.
After completing Hell's forge quest
- Proceed, hero, into Terror's lair.
- Know that Diablo's innermost sanctum is hidden by five seals.
- Only by opening each of these seals can you clear your way to the final battle.
Interestingly, Hadriel will not share in party-friendly auras, but he will gain the effect of party sharing Warcries. Not that they do anything for him, since he has no more importance on the action than a statue.
Speaking of statues, the double row of them between Hadriel and the waypoint are a nice Easter Egg; their heads turn to watch as your character runs past on the way to the final battle with Diablo.
|Characters & NPCs [
D2 NPCs D1 NPCs