From Diablo Wiki
- Ahh... Greetings, good hero. Please, make yourself at home in my city.
- Ahh... Our hero returns.
- Good day.
- Good evening.
- Good morning.
- I grant you audience.
- I need your help.
- Please state your business.
- Welcome, hero.
Jerhyn is waiting at the edge of town when new characters arrive in Lut Gholein via Warriv's caravan. He will remain there until he is clicked on and can deliver his speech, after which he retires to the Palace. He relocates to the Palace even if you haven't yet talked to him once the Arcane Sanctuary quest becomes active, though he will still give his introduction speech from inside the Palace, before going into his Arcane Sanctuary dialogue.
- Greetings, honored traveler. I am Jerhyn, Lord of Lut Gholein, and I bid you welcome to my fair port-city. I'm glad to know that once again caravans are free to travel through the Western Pass.
- For some time now, we have been under siege by an evil power that I cannot identify. Strange... It all began when a Dark Wanderer came this way, looking for the Tomb of Tal Rasha. No one knows exactly where Tal Rasha, Keeper of Baal, is entombed, but it is certain to be far out in the desert.
- Now, my people whisper tales of the dead rising from their tombs and horrible creatures lurking amongst the moonlit dunes. Even I have witnessed things which I cannot explain. I've ordered the port closed and all trade ships moored until I am sure that my city is safe.
- Atma, the tavernkeeper, has an important mission for you. Go see her immediately. You'll find her on the other side of town.
- Now, I must return to the palace. I apologize, but I can't invite you in. Things are... rather a mess right now.
About the Merchants
- For trade in magic and the like, see Drognan or Lysander. Drognan is the wisest man I know - without equal in magic and ancient lore. Poor Lysander is nearly deaf, but he's a reliable potion chemist.
- For travel back west, see Warriv, whom you already know.
- Our own Fara is a fine and honest armorer, and she can heal wounds as well.
- Elzix is the Innkeeper and may also have some items to trade.
- Greiz, the mercenary captain I hired to secure the gates of Lut Gholein, keeps order in town, as well.
- There are others here, too. I'm sure you'll meet most of them. Just look around...
- My astrologers failed to predict this eclipse. You should seek Drognan's advice.
- This eclipse is a definite manifestation of evil.
- The sun again shines on Lut Gholein! I'm beginning to like you, traveler.
- When the troubles began here, I allowed the terrified Harem guilds to join me within the safety of the palace. All was fine, until one night...
- Screams echoed up the stairwells from the harem. My guards arrived to find the poor girls being slaughtered by a merciless band of hell-spawned demons. My brave guardsmen tried to push the demons back into the mysterious rift from which they came.
- Ever since, my men have fought a losing battle. Demons have continued to pour through the rift into the palace. Ultimately, I hired Greiz and his mercenaries to help protect the rest of my fair city.
- Drognan believes that the Arcane Sanctuary lies buried underneath this palace, since Lut Gholein occupies the site of an ancient Vizjerei fortress.
- My palace is open to you now... Take care.
- There was an eastern mage... a Vizjerei, I believe... who visited me almost a year ago. He was very interested in the history of this site, and he seemed particularly fascinated with the palace architecture.
- I gave him a tour. When he found the ancient seals over a passageway in the cellar, he became very agitated. He asked for some time alone to study them, and I granted it.
- Shortly after, he left with no further word and I never saw him again. Odd... Don't you think?
- I thank you for your heroic aid! I'm also glad that you found something you were looking for. The journal should help you find the True Tomb of Tal Rasha. Hopefully, there is still time to get there before Diablo.
- Go now. And good luck.
- The man you describe is probably not Horazon.
- He sounds like the very mage who came around here a while ago. He was very curious about this palace and seemed especially interested in the seal on the passageway in the cellar. He left shortly after that. I wonder how he got down there? The seal was never broken...
- That mage spoke a great deal to Drognan. Why don't you ask him about it?
- The demonic force that was emanating from the corrupted Sanctuary has dissipated. I thank you greatly for your help. Now, we can look to rebuilding our lives.
- All will be for nothing, though, if you do not stop the greater Evil which is rapidly gaining ground.
Jerhyn gives this quest, and rewards characters upon completion of it by allowing them to sail on to Act Three. Jerhyn must be talked to after completing this quest, before Meshif will convey your character to the Kurast Docks. This can be tricky in multiplayer games, since Jerhyn waits inside the Palace, and if the character who created the game didn't finish the quest, the Palace gate will remain locked. Jerhyn will sometimes wander close enough to be clicked on through the gate. If not, characters must take the Arcane Sanctuary or Harem waypoint and run up through the lower level of the Palace.
- I have heard of your many deeds of skill and bravery. I feel I can trust you with something I have been hesitant to speak of...
- Drognan and I have concluded that the Dark Wanderer who passed through here recently was Diablo, himself! Drognan believes that Diablo is searching the desert for the secret tomb where the great Horadric mage, Tal Rasha, keeps Baal imprisoned.
- You must find Diablo and put an end to the terrible evil that has fallen upon our city. Drognan is wise and is sure to have some helpful advice for you as to how Tal Rasha's tomb may be found.
- It may take you quite some time to find The Tomb. May you be ready when you do.
- It is well-known that there are seven great Horadric tombs hidden beneath the sands in the furthest reaches of the desert. One of them surely must be Tal Rasha's prison. You must explore each of the tombs to find Tal Rasha's exact location.
- Of course, Diablo is searching for the Tomb as well... No one can guess as to what terrors he has unleashed in his search.
- You have done very well. Few could have come this far, let alone discover the True Tomb of Tal Rasha. Unfortunately, I hear that Diablo and Baal have eluded your grasp. This is most unfortunate...
- If you wish to travel East, I have authorized Meshif to give you passage by sea. I imagine he should be very anxious to leave by now.
- Good luck on your quest, and thank you again for saving my beloved city. You will always be welcome in Lut Gholein, my friend.
- Things are getting worse by the hour. I know everything looks fine, but trust me, it isn't!
- To any who aid me in the defense of Lut Gholein, I pledge my support. Passage East, wealth, honor - all are due to those who help my city.
- You seem very capable, but no offense is intended when I say that I must choose my confidants carefully. It wouldn't do to have rumors sending everyone into a panic.
- The woman, Atma, may have some useful gossip for you. She can always be found near her public house.
- Even though he was once a bandit, I permitted Elzix to take over the Desert Rain Inn. He has been quite civilized ever since.
- Meshif is an honorable man, but I fear that he is growing impatient with me about impounding his ship. I dare not tell him what's really happening in this city.
- When you arrived, Warriv's caravan had been long overdue. With all of the evil that's arisen in the land, I'm surprised he got through at all.
Gossip (about Jerhyn)
From Deckard Cain
- Greetings, my friend. Have you spoken to Jerhyn yet? He's quite a remarkable leader for being such a young man. Then again, the old blood has always run strong in this land.
- When the recent troubles began, Lord Jerhyn came seeking my council. I advised him to close the port and put the town under strict watch.
- Lately, though, he's been occupied within the palace. I doubt his whores could divert him from his civic duties for this long, though.
- We've all fared well under Jerhyn's leadership. The town has remained safe throughout this whole mess; and yet the lad still seems very upset about something.
- Jerhyn's been acting strange lately. I can't imagine why he recalled the town guards into the palace. If there is something wrong in there, I hope he doesn't expect me to handle it.
- Jerhyn's got a nice little trading post going here. Despite his youth, he is a clever businessman. As you can see by that palace, he's done quite well for himself.
- Oh... Young Jerhyn used to purchase minor love potions from me, hoping to win the favors of the harem girls.
- But now that the girls have taken up residence in the palace, he doesn't come around here anymore. Well, well... I've always said, 'alchemy is no substitute for experience'.
- There's something Jerhyn's not telling me, I just don't know what. To my eye, things here in town don't look that bad, especially since Warriv's caravan route opened up.
- Jerhyn has his father's strength and wits. He's young, but he rules this place with wisdom and care. I think he'll grow into a fine Sultan... Provided we all survive this crisis.
|Characters & NPCs [
D2 NPCs D1 NPCs
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2017