Hellcast is a normal Unique Crossbow with an item level of 36 and a Character Level requirement of 27.
Crossbows are the best ranged attacking weapon in the game. They fire very quickly in the hands of an Amazon, and derive their bonus damage from your points in Dexterity. Amazons have a bow & crossbow skill tree, but other characters can be effective with them as well, especially Druids and Necromancers, who can take cover behind their minions and shoot from a distance. Necros and Druids tend to become less useful with bows and crossbows as they advance in levels, since their Dexterity isn't high enough, and they don't have any skills to boost their bow attacks.
- All bows and crossbows are two-handed and do not have durability.
- In 1.10 of the Expansion the odds of gambling a Unique is 1 in 2000.
- Normal Uniques are identical in Diablo II and the Expansion.
- Item Level: Chests and monsters must be at least this level to drop the item. Ilvl is used in gambling, sales and other calculations as well.
- Clvl Req: Your character must be this level or higher to equip the item. No Uniques had Clvl requirements prior to v1.07 D2.
- Dmg Bonus: This determines how you multiply the item damage by your stats to reach the actual damage. Each point in this statistic multiplies your damage by bonus/100 %. For example a damage bonus of 70 is 70/100 or and additional .7% weapon damage per point. Most weapons have 100 str, which gives 100/100 or an additional 1% weapon damage per point in str.
- Weapon Speed (WSM): A relative comparison to other weapons of the same type. 0 is the base -10, -20, etc is faster, 10, 20, etc is slower.
- Firing Rate: The speed shown in-game for each character using this ranged weapon. This speed is mostly meaningless and is included for completeness only. Characters are abbreviated to their first letters, with Amazon = Am and Assassin = As.
|Image||Name||Properties||Special Properties||Attack Stats|
| (23-25) - (44-46) Damage
60 Str Required
40 Dex Required
Item Level: 36
Clvl Req: 27
| Fires Slvl 5 Explosive Arrows or Bolts
+15% to Maximum Fire Resist
Fire Resist +15%
+70 to Attack Rating
20% Increased Attack Speed
+70-80% Enhanced Damage
Adds 15-35 fire damage
| Weapon Speed: 10|
Dmg Bonus: 100 Dex
Very Slow: Am/As
- v1.08: Had no fire damage, rest is same.
|Diablo II Items
Items Basics Unique Armor I Unique Armor II Unique Weapons I Unique Weapons II Unique Weapons III Unique Class Items Item Sets Runewords
|Base Armors and Weapons [ ]||Runes||Socketables||Miscellaneous||Items Info|
|Belts [ ]||Body Armor||Gloves||Helms|
All Unique Armor
|Boots [ ]||Amulets||Rings||Shields||Miscellaneous|
All Unique Amulets
|Axes [ ]||Bows||Crossbows||Daggers||Polearms|
|Scepters [ ]||Spears||Staves||Throwing Weapons||Wands|
|Maces [ ]||Swords|
|Amazon [ ]||Assassin||Barbarian||Druid||Necromancer||Paladin||Sorceress|
|Item Sets General Info -- Set Items Catalog [ ]|
|Diablo II Classic Item Sets||Diablo II Expansion Item Sets|
|Runewords - Rune list - Rune FAQ - Rune hunting [ ]|
• Hand of Justice