From Diablo Wiki
|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Fangskin is found on level two of the Claw Viper Temple. His death is not required to complete the Tainted Sun quest, but he is always found near the altar that holds the Horadic Staff Headpiece, so his death is usually a matter of course. Fangskin and his pack were extremely nasty prior to v1.07, hitting for huge damage and moving at a blistering speed. They were slowed down and their charge damage was lowered in v1.07, and as a result level 2 of the Claw Viper Temple is no longer the death trap it once was.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
Due to a bug in the v1.11 patch, Fangskin does not anything on Hell difficulty. (Neither items nor potions.)
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|Name||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
|Fangskin||21 / 50 / 86||965 / 27010 / 242,385||168-276 / 2025-2970 / 8928-13094||5-8||18/Nef, 51/Lem, 78/Cham|
- Fangskin has two melee attacks, the first of which deals physical + fire damage.
- The Attack Rating values are identical for both of Fangskin's melee attacks.
- The Lightning Damage stacks on all other attacks, courtesy of Fangskin's Lightning Enchantment.
- Claw Viper charge attacks always hit (no AR) any targets they make contact with, though they can be blocked or Dodge/Evaded. Fangskin's adds fire to the physical damage.
|Name||Melee 1||Melee 2||AR 1 & 2||Lightning Dmg||Charge||# of Minions|
7-12 + 7-12
24-32 + 24-32
58-78 + 58-78
6-11 + 6-10
23-31 + 23-27
56-75 + 56-65
|4 / 5 / 7|
Like most SuperUniques, Fangskin does not regenerate hit points.
- Regen Rate tells what % of a monster's hit points are recovered per second. Standard is 1.2/sec.
- Blocking tells what % of successful, blockable attacks will not damage the monster. Monsters need not carry a shield to block.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|0% / 0% / 40%||0% / 0% / 33%||40% / 70% / 110%||75% / 75% / 75%||0% / 0% / 0%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|Fangskin||Act 2: Claw Viper Temple, Level 2.|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2017