Flying Scimitars appear from trapped chests, most often in Act Two, but in other acts as well, and on all difficulties. They hover in the air, chopping at the head of any nearby character or character's minion, and will pursue targets indefinitely, though they move quite slowly and can easily be left behind.
Scimitars can be made into boss monsters by the Monster Shrine. This does not seem to affect their item drop, but it might boost their experience. It's definitely fun to see it happen, though.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
Flying Scimitars can drop scimitars, cutlasses, and ataghans of all types. (Including rare and unique.) Only scimitars will be found on normal, with some cutlasses on Nightmare, and the possibility of Ataghans starting in late Nightmare and increasing into Hell, based on the ilvl of the Flying Scimitar.
|Type||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Max TC/Rune|
|Flying Scimitar||12 / 45 / 78||116 / 6605 / 58354||38-52 / 832-1123 / 4033-7258||Special|
Flying Scimitars float after the nearest target and deliver chopping attacks at about head height.
|Type||Melee Attack||Attack Rating|
|Flying Scimitar||3-9 / 27-44 / 66-106||103 / 1350 / 4713|
It is not possible to steal life or mana from Flying Scimitars. It's impossible to freeze or chill them on Hell difficulty.
- Regen Rate tells what % of a monster's hit points are recovered per second. Standard is 1.2/sec.
- Blocking values are assigned to every monster in the game, but the ability is seldom enabled, so most monsters can not block (Hence the blocking % given on most Diablo II monster pages, including Blizzard's, is inaccurate.) When enabled, blocking tells what % of successful, blockable attacks will not damage the monster. Monsters need not carry a shield to block.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Type||Defense||Blocking||Life Regeneration||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
|Flying Scimitar||60 / 954 / 2292||--||1.2/sec||0 / 0 / 0||50 / 25 / 0|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|Flying Scimitar||0% / 0% / 25%||0% / 0% / 0%||0% / 0% / 100%||0% / 0% / 0%||0% / 100% / 100%||70% / 0% / 0%|
The game stats only list Flying Scimitars appearing in acts 1 and 2, but they've been seen in Act 3 and perhaps 5 as well. Confirmation is being sought.
|Flying Scimitar|| Act 1: Jail Level 1|
Act 2: Rocky Waste, Claw Viper Temple 1, Arcane Sanctuary, Lost City, Maggot Lair 1-3, Tal Rasha's Tomb 1-7
Act 3: Spider Cavern, Arachnid Lair, Flayer Dungeon
Act 5: ?