From Diablo Wiki
|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Hell Bovines are Animals.
Given sentience by Diablo and driven mad by the incessant prodding they suffered at the hands of the heroes that swarmed to Tristram, these hell-spawned bovines seek to destroy those who abused them when they were docile and defenseless. Armed with vicious halberds, they lie in wait just on the other side of a secret portal that is opened with the "help" of their first victim...
Hell Bovines are found only in the Secret Cow Level, an Easter Egg location that can only be reached by converting (via the Horadric Cube) a town portal tome + Wirt's Leg, while standing in the Rogue Encampment, after receiving quest credit for killing Baal (LoD) or Diablo (Classic) on that difficulty level. A character retaining the ability to open the red portal to the Secret Cow Level is dependent upon not receiving credit for killing the Cow King. See the Secret Cow Level page for full details on that issue, and background info about the cow level itself.
The cow level was the most popular place to level up in v1.09, due to the huge numbers of cows and the fact that their slow speed, low resistances, and clumping behavior made them very easy to kill in bunches. The experience and item gains possible in the level were nerfed in v1.10, and the level returned to its intended purpose as a novelty and a treat, but not a place to endlessly exploit for massive experience gain.
- All values are listed by difficulty level: Normal / Nightmare / Hell.
|Type||Level||Experience||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
|Hell Bovine||28 / 64 / 81||806 / 12083 / 36607||159-342 / 3256-3996 / 12588-15449||5||36/Dol, 60/Ist, 87/Zod|
Cows move slowly, and an individual cow can not rapidly chain attacks, but every cow is very quick to hit from the start of their attack animation.
|Type||Attack 1||AR 1||Attack 2||AR 2|
|Hell Bovine||27-40 / 67-93 / 120-167||266 / 1614 / 4232||32-43 / 62-88 / 111-158||289 / 1925 / 4232|
- Regen Rate tells what % of a monster's hit points are recovered per second. Standard is 1.2/sec.
- Blocking tells what % of successful, blockable attacks will not damage the monster. Monsters need not carry a shield to block. Most monsters can not block.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Type||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
|Hell Bovine||147 / 691 / 1264||--||1.2/sec||100 / 75 / 66||50 / 40 / 33|
- Resistances over 99% are listed as immunities and monsters will take no damage from that type of attack.
- Immunities can be "broken" by skills that lower resistance, if the value drops below 99%. See the Resistances page for more details.
|Hell Bovine||0% / 33% / 50%||0% / 25% / 50%||0% / 25% / 50%||0% / 25% / 50%||0% / 25% / 33%||0% / 15% / 33%|
|Type||Act 5: Normal, Nightmare, and Hell|
|Hell Bovine||Act 1: The Secret Cow Level|
In the Warcraft III and Expansion Set there is a handful of custom maps made by the programmers from Blizzard. One such game is a tower defence called "Skibi's TD". One of the levels sends Tauren (Bull-like creatures that walk upright) that are also called Hell Bovine. Contrary to their stance when Starcraft was released ("there is no cow level"), everyone knew that the Cow Level really existed at that time, and clearly referenced this easter egg.
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2017