|Diablo II Monsters [ ]|
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
|Complete Monster Listing|
Modifiers • Experience
Champions • SuperUniques
|Animals • Demons • Undead|
Act Bosses • Guest Monsters
Objects • SuperUniques
is a Monster
Baal is the last monster in the game, and the act boss of Act Five. He must be defeated to complete the Eve of Destruction quest. Killing Baal enables a character to proceed to the next higher difficulty level, and gains that character a title as well. Killing Baal is also required before a (D2:LoD) character can open the portal to the Secret Cow Level on that difficulty level.
- Baal is one of the three Mephisto and Diablo. , and the last one a character faces in the game, after already defeating
- A much upgraded version of Baal, Uber Baal is encountered during the climactic fight of the Pandemonium Event, a realm-only quest to challenge the highest level players added in v1.11.
Baal can be discerned from his Vile Effigy duplicate by carefully observing the names. Note that in the hover name of real Baal, pictured in the image below, the "B" of Baal is slightly offset to the left from the "D" of Demon. The B and the D in the hover of the Vile Effigy are exactly aligned. You will also notice which is which since the Vile Effigy is spawned with just half of Baal's hit points, so even though their health bars look the same, the duplicate will appear to take damage much more quickly.
Baal has a fierce melee attack, and can also cast a wide variety of powerful spells:
- Defense Curse. This spell substantially lowers the defense of Baal's enemies.
- Blood Mana. Only used on characters who have more mana than hit points, this dreaded curse causes the afflicted character to lose hit points equivalent to the mana cost of every spell they cast.
- Incineration Nova. A nova of fireballs.
- Hoarfrost. This icy wedge chills, damages, and knocks back all targets.
- Mana Rift. This yellow flamethrower-like spell does damage as well as instantly draining 50% of a character's mana.
- Festering Appendage. Baal causes tentacles to erupt through the ground, lashing at any nearby targets. These deal damage (see their stats here), but they can actually be quite handy to leach life or mana from, since they are full of hit points and much easier to hit than Baal himself.
- Vile Effigy. Baal can duplicate himself, creating a clone that has all the abilities and malevolence of Baal himself.
You can read about Baal's background and lore in the.
- The TC/Rune drops listed are the highest Treasure Class/Rune Group a normal monster of that type can drop.
- Champions and Bosses can sometimes drop from the next higher TC.
- The max TC/Rune possible depends on which level a monster spawns in, and can vary slightly from the listed values (monsters that spawn in later levels can drop higher level items). See the item calculators to ascertain precisely what a monster from a given area can drop.
|Name||Level||Experience*||Hit Points||Speed||Max TC/Rune|
|Baal||60 / 75 / 99||216,828 / 1,619,522 / 4,536,276||26484 / 117,596 / 493,701||6||42/Io, 63/Vex, 87/Zod|
- * The experience awarded for Baal on Hell difficult is bugged in v1.10+. The experience awarded for monster kills is supposed to increase with each additional player in the game, but Baal's maxes out with 3 players. Four or more don't cause his experience to increase any further, whether the players are real, or created by players x.
Baal's stats are all preset. He does not get any random Monster Modifiers.
|Name||Melee Attack 1||Attack Rating||Melee Attack 2||Attack Rating 2|
39-66 + 0 / 73-109 + 61-91 / 166-210 + 133-222
1603 / 3600 / 9850
50-100 / 82-146 / 183-266
2402 / 3600 / 9850
Baal uses a variety of spells to supplement his melee strikes.
- Baal can cast two curses.
- Defense Curse is cast on targets with more hit points than mana. Characters so afflicted have their defense lowered considerably.
- Blood Mana is cast on targets with more mana than hit points. Characters so afflicted deal themselves damage, lowering their hit points (and mana) by the mana cost of any spell they cast. Sorceresses must be very wary of this one, for it's quite possible to kill yourself, or lower your hit points so far that the next hit from Baal will finish the job.
- Teleport: Baal can teleport (does not regain health)
- Vile Effigy: Baal creates a double of himself. The double exactly duplicates all of Baal's abilities, but has just 1/2 of Baal's hit points at the time the Vile Effigy is created. (The Vile Effigy can be discerned from Baal.) The effigy's hit points bar looks the same as Baal's when it first appers, but will drop much more quickly as it takes damage.
|Name||Incineration Nova||Hoarfrost||Mana Rift||Defense Curse||Blood Mana|
|Baal|| Fireball Nova:
50-75 / 122-147 / 218-243
| Cold & knockback:
| Damage + 50% mana drain:
8-12 / 26-30 / 50-54
Can hit 1-3 times.
| Lowers defense by:
-60% / -75% / -95%
| Spells drain|
Like the other act bosses, Baal does not regenerates hit points.
- Drain Effectiveness tells what % of a character's mana and life steal apply to that monster. 100 is all, 0 is none.
- Chill Effectiveness tells what % of a character's cold length applies to the monster. 100 is all, 0 is no freeze/chill at all.
|Name||Defense||Blocking||Regen Rate||Drain Effectiveness||Chill Effectiveness|
|313 / 1494 / 2847||40% / 45% / 55%||--||100 / 50 / 20||15 / 15 / 15|
Baal does not have any immunities on any difficulty level.
|0% / 0% / 50%||33% / 50% / 50%||33% / 50% / 50%||33% / 50% / 50%||50% / 50% / 50%||0% / 0% / 0%|
|Baal||Act 5: The Worldstone Chamber. Reached through the portal on the dais at the end of the Throne of Destruction level.|
- My brothers will not have died in vain!
- (Maniacal Laughter).