D1 Succubus Bosses
Succubus are Demons in Diablo. (One type, Hell Spawn, are Animals in Hellfire.)
- See stats for regular Succubi here.
Succubi are deadly Victoria's Secret angels, always ready to unleash their Bloodstars from a distance. They have no melee attack, and use the same AI as Goatmen Archers, fleeing whenever an attacker draws within 2 squares. See the Succubi page for some strategy tips on how best to slaughter these enemies.
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns on that level in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Witchfire the Unholy (Succubus)*||12||Yes||3 DF||24 / 39 / 54||24 / 24 / 24||IRR / IRR / IRR|
|Witchmoon (Snow Witch)||13||No||3 DF||26 / 41 / 56||26 / 26 / 26||--R / --R / --R|
|Stareye the Witch (Hell Spawn)||14||No||2 DF||28 / 43 / 58||28 / 28 / 28||-I- / -I- / -I-|
|Bloodlust (Hell Spawn)**||15||No||1 DF||30 / 45 / 60||28 / 28 / 28||I-I / I-I / I-I|
|Blackjade (Hell Spawn)***||15||No||3 DF||33 / 63 / 93||28 / 28 / 28||I-R / I-R / I-R|
|Red Vex (Hell Spawn)***||15||No||3 DF||33 / 63 / 93||28 / 28 / 28||IR- / IR- / IR-|
- * Witchfire The Unholy is actually immune to both Fire and Lightning (at least in the earliest version of the game). Possible bug.
- ** Bloodlust is found randomly located on level 15 in every multiplayer game.
- *** Blackjade and Red Vex appear in every game, inside Lazarus' room on multiplayer or on his special level in single player.
Succubi attack with Blood Stars, which look just like the player version of that spell. They deal magical damage, and have the most variability in damage of any monster attack in the game. Two or three Blood Stars can deal hundreds of damage, or not even scratch the surface, depending on the luck of the draw.
In Hellfire, Hell Spawns (the red witches) are Animals, not Demons, and thus take 50% bonus damage from swords. Thus Stareye, Blackjade, Red Vex, and Bloodlust will all take 150% damage from a sword and 50% from a club; this makes a very noticeable difference given how many hit points they have.
- Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Witchfire the Unholy (Succubus)||3696 / 9392 / 18,747||444 / 1333 / 1779||60 / 110 / 140||100 / 185 / 220||10-20 / 24-44 / 46-86||Goat Archer|
|Witchmoon (Snow Witch)||4084 / 10,168 / 20, 336||310 / 931 / 1243||65 / 115 / 145||110 / 195 / 230||30-40 / 64-84 / 126-166||Goat Archer|
|Stareye the Witch (Hell Spawn)||4480 / 10,960 / 21,920||726 / 2179 / 2907||75 / 125 / 155||115 / 200 / 235||30-50 / 64-104 / 126-206||Goat Archer|
|Bloodlust (Hell Spawn)||4480 / 10,960 / 21,920||825 / 2476 / 3303||75 / 125 / 155||115 / 200 / 235||20-55 / 44-114 / 86-223||Goat Archer|
|Blackjade (Hell Spawn)||4480 / 10,960 / 21,920||400 / 1201 / 1603||75 / 125 / 155||115 / 200 / 235||36-50 / 60-104 / 126-206||Speical|
|Red Vex (Hell Spawn)||4480 / 10,960 / 21,920||400 / 1201 / 1603||75 / 125 / 155||115 / 200 / 235||30-50 / 64-104 / 126-206||Special|
Succubi flee characters who come within two spaces of them, and walk at the same speed as your character. This can make them very frustrating to chase down and kill, since once they start walking, they will keep walking until they run into a corner or move at least 3 squares away, at which point they will start firing Blood Stars again. See some killing/herding tips on the Succubi page.
- Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page for swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Witchfire the Unholy (Succubus)||0.40||0.35||0.80||0.40|
|Stareye the Witch (Hellspawn)||0.40||0.35||0.80||0.40|
|Blackjade (Hell Spawn)||0.40||0.35||0.80||0.40|
|Red Vex (Hell Spawn)||0.40||0.35||0.80||0.40|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|