Winged Fiends are Animals.
These flying, bat-like enemies are more annoying than deadly, as they flap and flutter around your character's head and land low damage hits with their slashing claws. They do not drop any items (except for bosses) and have a variety of interesting movements and behaviors, which are detailed below.
- Full listing of the SuperUnique Winged Fiends.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|Dungeon Level||Monster Level||IntF||Experience||MFL|
|Fiend||2-3||3 / 18 / 33||O||102 / 2204 / 4408||---|
|Blink||3-5||7 / 22 / 37||1||340 / 2680 / 5360||---|
|Gloom||4-6||9 / 24 / 39||2 F||509 / 3018 / 6036||R-- / R-- / R--|
|Familiar||6-8||13 / 28 / 43||3 F||448 / 2896 / 5792||R-I / R-I / R-I|
- Only Winged Fiend bosses drop items. None of the regular ones drop gold or items of any kind.
- Blinks teleport to a random square adjacent to the character when they are hit. This can be vexing to ranged attackers who are nailing blinks from a distance only to find themselves suddenly surrounded by a flock of the creatures.
- Glooms have a charging movement, but there is no attack associated with it. It's simply a way to move very quickly towards the target.
- Familiars attack by casting a single charged bolt. The bolt does not move, and functions essentially as a lightning attack.
|Hit Points (Diablo, MP)||HPs (Hellfire, SP)||AC||To/Hit||Damage|
|Fiend||3-6 / 10-19 / 15-27||1-3 / 53-59 / 104-112||0 / 50 / 80||35 / 120 / 155||1-6 / 6-16 / 10-30|
|Blink||12-28 / 37-85 / 51-115||6-14 / 68-92 / 124-156||15 / 65 / 95||45 / 130 / 165||1-8 / 6-20 / 10-38|
|Gloom||28-36 / 85-109 / 115-147||14-18 / 92-104 / 156-172||35 / 85 / 115||70 / 155 / 190||4-12 / 12-28 / 22-54|
|Familiar||20-35 / 61-106 / 83-143||10-17 / 80-101 / 140-168||35 / 85 / 115||50 / 135 / 170||4-16 / 12-36 / 22-70 *|
- Familiar attacks are lightning damage.
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page other swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
In the Diablo I manual, Winged Fiends were said to have been created by wizards who they then turned on and destroyed. It is also said that the unique attack types of the different Winged Fiends came from the attack type of wizard who created that particular variety. It may be easy to imagine a wizard passing on a lightning attack or a teleport ability, but it is a rather more curious thought that a wizard would pass on the Horned Demon-like charge of the Gloom.
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|