Magma Demon Bosses
From Diablo Wiki
Magma Demons are Demons.
- See stats for regular Magma Demons here.
Magma Demons throw chunks of fiery rock from a distance, and launch fast-hitting melee attacks once they're at toe-to-toe range. There is only one boss pack of these found in the game, and it spawns on level 8 of the Catacombs. It's odd that the designers didn't put any Magma Demon boss packs in the Caves, where there are, after all, flowing rivers of magma. Perhaps these monsters were too dangerous there, with the open space making their ranged assault devastating, and they were removed during play testing? (Yet there are Acid Dog boss packs found in the caves, and they're as bad or worse than Magma Demons.)
All boss monsters in Diablo and Hellfire are SuperUniques; they always appear on the same level and have preset stats and non-random modifiers. Some bosses (mostly ones tied to quests) appear in every single game, while most of the others are found on a particular level only if their base monster type spawns on that level in that game. There are no non-quest bosses in Hellfire's Hive or Crypt.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL|
|Firewound the Grim (Magma Demon)||8||Yes||0 D F||16 / 31 / 46||13 / 13 / 13||IR- / IR- / IR-|
The damage listed is for the physical damage, melee attack. Magma Demons hurl molten stone as well. These deal fire damage, but Jarulf's Guide does not list the exact amounts.
- Hit Points listed are for Diablo. All SuperUniques have a preset, non-random amount of hit points. Bosses have slightly higher hit points in Hellfire:
- Hellfire Single Player: +0 / +49 / +97
- Hellfire Multiplayer: +0 / +99 / +197
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|Experience||Hit Points||AC||To/Hit||Damage||Attack Type|
|Firewound the Grim (Magma Demon)||1076 / 4152 / 8304||303 / 910 / 1215||45 / 95 / 125||45 / 130 / 165||18-22 / 40-48 / 78-94||Magma Demon|
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page for swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Firewound the Grim (Magma Demon)||0.50||0.35||0.70 / 0.90||0.20-.045 / 0.65|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2017