From Diablo Wiki
The Butcher is the first quest boss encountered in the game, the scariest monster in the game, and one of the most difficult, for the level. He's found in a small, corpse-filled, ensanguinated square room on level 2 of the dungeon, and bursts forth in a frenzy when the door is opened, with his infamous, "Ahh, fresh meat!" cry echoing forth.
The Butcher's quest occurs in every multiplayer game, and 2/3 of single player games. He drops a random magical item in multiplayer, but drops the unique Butcher's Cleaver in singleplayer.
- See the Butcher's Quest page for more details and strategy tips.
- For detailed Butcher strategies see the Butcher 101 article.
The Butcher has a short and gruesome cinematic on the Diablo CD, but it is not shown in the game.
The Butcher, The Skeleton King, and Diablo are the three special monsters in Diablo. None of the three are classified as Animals, Demons, or Undead, and their stats and behaviors are unique to them, rather than borrowed or modified from other monsters.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL||Attack Type|
|The Butcher||2||No||3 - -||6 / 36 / 66||1 / 1 / 1||-RR / -RR / -RR||Butcher|
|Experience||HPs (MP Diablo)||HPs (SP Hellfire)||AC||To/Hit||Damage|
|The Butcher||710 / 3420 / 6840||220 / 661 / 883||110 / 380 / 540||50 / 100 / 130||50 / 130 / 170||6-12 / 16-28 / 30-54|
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page other swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2017