Anvil of Fury
The Anvil of Fury quest sends the player to retrieve a hellforge of sorts, an anvil the forces of Hell are using to forge powerful weapons. Griswold has learned of this anvil, and tells the player to seek it out and bring it to him so he might forge an especially powerful weapon to use against the demons.
The Anvil of Fury
- Quest Name: The Anvil of Fury
- Triggered By: Reaching level 9 of the caves.
- Frequency: Single player online, occurs in 2/3 of games.
- Given by: Griswold.
- Location: Dungeon Level 10.
- Reward: Griswold's Edge unique broadsword.
This is a simple FedEx type quest, one that requires the player to find the Anvil of Fury and return it to Griswold. The Anvil is always on a peninsula of land in the middle of a large lava lake on level 10, and always surrounded by a squad of goatman archers and a number of Obsidion Beast chargers.
This can be a fairly difficult quest for some characters, since the goatmen archers are dangerous in numbers, and there's no way to go after them with all of the Obsidian chargers clogging the island. Rogues can pick off the enemies from over the lava, and mages usually have Firewall by now, which they use to cook the monsters from a distance, but melee fighters must face the thicket of arrows at close range.
For melee characters, it's best to clear out the rest of the level, or at least that area, and then venture slowly up the peninsula, retreating as soon as a few enemies are sighted. The chargers and goatmen will pursue you away from the open land, and they can be dealt with more easily in the cramped, shadowy corners of the level. This quest is often quite important for warriors (who have the most trouble completing it) since the sword reward is usually a solid upgrade over whatever weapon the warrior is using at that point.
- Greetings! It's always a pleasure to see one of my best customers! I know that you have been venturing deeper into the Labyrinth, and there is a story I was told that you may find worth the time to listen to...
- One of the men who returned from the Labyrinth told me about a mystic anvil that he came across during his escape. His description reminded me of legends I had heard in my youth about the burning Hellforge where powerful weapons of magic are crafted. The legend had it that deep within the Hellforge rested the Anvil of Fury! This Anvil contained within it the very essence of the demonic underworld...
- It is said that any weapon crafted upon the burning Anvil is imbued with great power. If this anvil is indeed the Anvil of Fury, I may be able to make you a weapon capable of defeating even the darkest lord of Hell!
- Find the Anvil for me, and I'll get to work!
- There are many artifacts within the Labyrinth that hold powers beyond the comprehension of mortals. Some of these hold fantastic power that can be used by either the Light or the Darkness. Securing the Anvil from below could shift the course of the Sin War towards the Light.
- Griswold speaks of The Anvil of Fury - a legendary artifact long searched for, but never found. Crafted from the metallic bones of the Razor Pit demons, the Anvil of Fury was smelt around the skulls of the five most powerful magi of the underworld. Carved with runes of power and chaos, any weapon or armor forged upon this Anvil will be immersed into the realm of Chaos, imbedding it with magical properties. It is said that the unpredictable nature of Chaos makes it difficult to know what the outcome of this smithing will be...
- Griswold can't sell his anvil. What will he do then? And I'd be angry too if someone took my anvil!
- Griswold's father used to tell some of us when we were growing up about a giant anvil that was used to make mighty weapons. He said that when a hammer was struck upon this anvil, the ground would shake with a great fury. Whenever the earth moves, I always remember that story.
- Nothing yet, eh? Well, keep searching. A weapon forged upon the Anvil could be your best hope, and I am sure that I can make you one of legendary proportions.
- Don't you think that Griswold would be a better person to ask about this? He's quite handy, you know.
- If you had been looking for information on the Pestle of Curing or the Silver Chalice of Purification, I could have assisted you, my friend. However, in this matter, you would be better served to speak to either Griswold or Cain.
- If you were to find this artifact for Griswold, it could put a serious damper on my business here. Awwww, you'll never find it.
Player (when picking up the Anvil of Fury)
- I need to get this to Griswold.
- I can hardly believe it! This is the Anvil of Fury - good work, my friend. Now we'll show those bastards that there are no weapons in Hell more deadly than those made by men! Take this and may Light protect you.
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|