Na-Krul is a Demon.
Na-Krul is the final boss of Hellfire, found in a small box on level 4 of the Crypt. He's got hit points similar to those of Diablo, and is faster in most movements, but he lacks any spell or ranged attack, which makes him somewhat easier than Big-D.
Na-Krul can be released via a lever or by reading, in proper order, the three books set before his cage. He loses half his hit points and takes a big deduction in AC and a huge reduction in resistances if you read the books. See the Na-Krul quest page for more about the books and his special Easter Egg speech.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- Dlvl = Dungeon Level. The boss will be found on this level only if the base monster type spawns on that level.
- Mob = Some bosses spawn with a mob. The number of minions in the mob generally increases with difficulty level. Minions have the same stats as normal monsters of their type.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
- Attack Type: Some bosses have different AI, and behave like monsters of another type. More information on attack types can be found on the Diablo Monsters page.
|DLvl||Mob||IntF||Mlvl (combat)||Mlvl (items)||MFL||Attack Type|
|Na-Krul (by lever)||Crypt 4||No||3 D F||45 / 75 / 105||40 / 40 / 40||III / III / III*||Skeleton|
|Na-Krul (by books)||Crypt 4||No||3 D F||45 / 75 / 105||40 / 40 / 40||--- / --- / ---*||Skeleton|
- * Like Diablo, Na-Krul is also immune to Stone Curse.
|Experience||HPs (SP Hellfire)||HPs (MP Hellfire)||AC||To/Hit||Damage|
|Na-Krul (by lever)||6000 / 14,000 / 28,000||666 / 2048 / 2764||1332 / 4096 / 5528||125 / 175 / 205||150 / 235 / 270*||40-50 / 84-104 / 166-206|
|Na-Krul (by books)||6000 / 14,000 / 28,000||333 / 1049 / 1432||666 / 2098 / 2864||75 / 125 / 155||150 / 235 / 270*||40-50 / 84-104 / 166-206|
- * Due to a rollover bug, Na-Krul actually has 14% to/hit on Hell difficulty.
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page for swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Na-Krul (by lever)||0.30||0.15||0.80 / 0.80||0.35 / 0.20|
|Na-Krul (by books)||0.30||0.15||0.80 / 0.80||0.35 / 0.20|
Proper Book Order
Read the books in front of his cage in this order:
- in spiritu sanctum
- praedictum otium
- efficio obitus ut inimicus
Easter Egg Speech
Na-Krul gives a short, menacing speech when he's released from his prison on level 4 of the Crypt levels. Here's the usual version:
- Ha, ha, ha...Free! Ha, ha, ha...Free to confront the one who banished me to the void, Diablo!
- And free to reward you, little mortal with your death!
However, in 1.01 his speech was changed to:
- Released by books:
- What?! Who dares disturb the great Na-Krul?! Your life is forfeit, mortal!
- Released by lever:
- Out of my way wretched human! Retribution calls for he, whom you call... Diablo!
He also has an Easter Egg dialogue that's enabled by the command.txt option.
- Hi! I'm free, free to confront the little man who banished me, Diablo.
- Hi, Everybody, and I'm free to reward you, little mortal,
- with these Aerosmith tickets.
- You'll be getting backstage passes,
- You'll get to meet Steven Tyler and the whole band.
- This Friday at the Coliseum.
- Thanks for getting me out of there.
- By the way, I'm gonna have to kill you. (pause)
- I'll be right back with the traffic and weather together.
His speech is the same whether you free him with the lever, or by reading the books in sequence to weaken him.
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|