From Diablo Wiki
Vipers are Demons.
These serpent-like creatures have the body of a snake with a menacing fanged head, but do not use their tails or bite to attack. Instead they use the swords held in their four arms, as they stand upright, fighting like a man. It's rather a waste of potential resources, when you think about it. The Claw Vipers of Diablo II were obviously inspired by these creatures, and they had slashing claw attacks, dealt poison damage, and could use their tails to strike as well; all obvious improvements over the simpler style found in Diablo I.
Vipers are strictly melee fighters, using just one of their four arms to slash with their sword. They have a short-range charge attack that deals minimal damage and serves chiefly to launch them into their fast-hitting melee attack.
- Full listing of the SuperUnique Vipers.
- Stats are listed by Normal / Nightmare / Hell difficulty levels.
- MFL: Magic / Fire / Lightning.
- I = Immune
- R = Resistant (75%)
- - = no resistance or immunity to that element
- No monsters in Diablo or Hellfire have any physical resistance or immunity.
- IntF = Intelligence Factor. Values are from 0-3; smarter monsters will pursue more doggedly, and the value is used in various calculations. Monsters that can Follow if you break the line of sight or open Doors are marked with F and D.
|Dungeon Level||Monster Level||IntF||Experience||MFL|
|Cave Viper||11-13||21 / 36 / 51||O F||2725 / 7450 / 14,900||I-- / I-- / I--|
|Fire Drake||12-14||23 / 38 / 53||1 F||3139 / 8278 / 16,556||IR- / IR- / II-|
|Gold Viper||13-14||25 / 40 / 55||2 F||3484 / 8968 / 17,936||I-R / I-R / I-R|
|Azure Drake||15||27 / 42 / 57||3 F||3791 / 9582 / 19,164||-RR / -RR / IRI|
Drakes have a short range charging attack that they use to close the last square or two of distance and move immediately into their fast hitting melee attack.
- Their charge attack adds 0 / 4 / 6 damage, per difficulty level, but has a to/hit of 500 and is calculated in addition to their normal attack.
- Occasionally a Drake will misfire with the charge and sail across the screen and out of sight, just as Horned Demons regularly do.
|Hit Points (Diablo, MP)||HPs (Hellfire, SP)||AC||To/Hit||Damage|
|Cave Viper||100-150 / 301-451 / 403-603||50-75 / 200-275 / 300-400||60 / 110 / 140||90 / 175 / 210||8-20 / 20-44 / 38-86|
|Fire Drake||120-170 / 361-411 / 483-683||60-85 / 230-305 / 340-440||65 / 115 / 145||105 / 190 / 225||12-24 / 28-52 / 54-102|
|Gold Viper||140-180 / 421-541 / 563-723||70-80 / 260-320 / 380-460||70 / 120 / 150||120 / 205 / 240||15-26 / 34-56 / 66-110|
|Azure Drake||160-200 / 481-601 / 643-803||80-100 / 290-350 / 420-500||75 / 125 / 155||130 / 215 / 250||18-30 / 40-64 / 78-126|
Characters walk at 0.4 speed. See the Diablo Characters page other swing speeds, casting speeds, and other useful character speed break points.
|Walk time||Hit Recovery Time||Attack Time||Hit Time|
|Diablo I - Hellfire [
Basics Quests Skills Monsters
|Diablo I Basics [ ]|
|Quest General Info - Quest Items[ ]|
|Diablo I Spells||Hellfire Spells [ ]|
|Diablo I Monsters - Quest Bosses - Superuniques Bosses||Hellfire Monsters [ ]|
Copyright IncGamers Ltd 2017